Goals and Benefits
The common benefits associated with adopting cloud computing are explained in this section.
The following sections make reference to the terms “public cloud” and “private cloud.” These terms are described in the Cloud Deployment Models section.
- Reduced Investments and Proportional Costs
- Increased Scalability
- Increased Availability and Reliability
Risks and Challenges
Several of the most critical cloud computing challenges pertaining mostly to cloud consumers that use IT resources located in public clouds are presented and examined.
This section covers the following topics:
- Increased Security Vulnerabilities
- Reduced Operational Governance Control
- Limited Portability Between Cloud Providers
- Multi-Regional Regulatory and Legal Issues