HMA Pro (HMA is short for Hide My Ass) Advantages of VPN’s are predominantly used to remotely connect people to localized computer networks, the underlying security advantages in the form of encryption can be used to provide online security and privacy services. Consumers and businesses connect to HMA’s worldwide VPN servers to tunnel their internet connections through HMA’s servers to achieve increased security and privacy
If you’ve never used a VPN before the basic idea is that you route all your PC’s Internet traffic through a third-party server. This lets you spoof your real location with a virtual one, as well as secure your web browsing habits from prying eyes such as a nosy Internet service provider (ISP) or a hacker looking for victims on public Wi-Fi.
Main reason for use:
- Internet security: Customers connect to the service to encrypt their internet connection; this encryption prevents hackers and network snoops from being able to intercept their sensitive internet traffic. This is commonly used for open Wi–Fi networks.
- Censorship: Similar to a web proxy, VPN’s are far more flexible compared to a web proxy as they tunnel the entire internet connection and not just your web browser traffic. As a result, there are never any rendering issues because there is no parsing of HMTL/JS, and all content will function as it should do (e.g. Flash). Speed will also be faster.
- Anonymity and Privacy: In like manner to a web proxy, the VPN service is also a hit for customers who wish to gain a measure of anonymity on the internet and also protect their identity and privacy. However, unlike a web proxy, the VPN service affects all applications on your computer, not just your web browser. This, therefore, enables users to protect their entire internet connection and not just their web browser traffic.
- Technical: HMA utilizes various VPN technologies such as OpenVPN (UDP/TCP), PPTP and L2TP/IPSec. Each VPN server has a set number of IP addresses; each time a customer connects to one of HMA’s VPN servers, they are assigned a sheared IP address. HMA does not NAT customer connections, meaning the total amount of simultaneous connections they can support is.
- Simple, easy-to-use design
- Connections focus on speed
- One-click approach gets you online as quickly as possible
- Fewer options for power users
- Smartphone-like user interface doesn’t quite suit desktop computers
- Certainly not the least-expensive VPN service available